Milk: Forumlist options
There are 3 forumlist display options in Milk.
| List (Simplified)
List with 'topics' column removed and double-width 'posts' column
Forum tiles with an assigned icon or background image
Changing the forumlist display
- Open the FlightDeck extension (control panel)
- Find "Forumlist Display"
- Set as required
Assigning images to grid tiles
You can assign an icon or image background to a grid tile by using phpBB's native "forum image" feature.
- Using a file manager, upload the image(s) you want to use to the following location:
(You will probably need to create the new folder called "grid")
- Navigate to: ACP (Admin Control Panel) → "Forums" (tab)
- In the left sidebar, click "Manage forums"
- Next to the forum you want to add the image to, click the green "Settings" icon
In the "Forum image" field, type the full path to the image you want to use.
The path is relative to your phpBB installation, so you don't need to include the domain name in the image path. For example: If your image is located in
Using a full-size grid tile background
There are 2 display options for grid forum images:
|Fill grid tiles with background image?||Yes||
This option can be enabled in the FlightDeck extension, directly below the "Forumlist display" option.
Responsive layout information
- When the list or list (simplified) option is selected, a dedicated responsive view will load for users browsing on small devices. This doesn't affect the grid template, as this automatically scales
- When the list or list (simplified) option is selected, the 'topics' column will be hidden on narrow tablets such as iPads in portrait orientation